Steel Division: Normandy ’44 Review – Off To War We Go

Wolf's Gaming Blog
Steel Division: Normandy ’44 Review – Off To War We Go
From behind a wall of trees far in the distance my artillery unleashes a barrage of smoke to blind the MG42 heavy machine gun that would otherwise rip my infrantry apart. With cover in place my troops run across open ground and flank the position, only to find an enemy tank has been waiting patiently behind a nearby building, and my own lack of recon means I was unprepared for it. Stupid me. My troops get pinned down, rendering them useless, and then they get demolished. Fine. Time to bring up the heavy armor, complete with air support that smashes the anti-tank guns sitting way back before my own tanks roll in. On another front I've got some infantry holding a town with anti-tank weapons supporting them from across the open fields where they can get a good bead on anything big and ugly rolling in to cause trouble. The enemy are starting to reinforce, though, presumably seeking to push their frontline forward by smashing straight through my town. With recon I can see them bringing in artillery, anti-air guns, infantry, and tanks. War it is, then.

Comments

Popular Posts